Breaking News: Study shows that people will believe anything as long as you tell them a study about it was conducted.

Flowchart that solves everything

This chart is one of the results of the study. It shows how to solve any problem at work or at home.

New York, NY, Wednesday, April 29, 2009,- Today, experts from the AMA published the results of a study that shows that people will believe anything as long as you tell them that some experts conducted a study about it.

The study was carried out in several states, which names and number haven’t been specified. It was conducted with a sample of 3,1416 individuals. The margin of error was of +/- 3.1416%, with an arithmetic mean of 3, a standard deviation of 1, a frequency distribution of 4, a cumulative distribution of 1, and a variance of 6.

The study also showed that people didn’t really care whether the experts who published the report were really experts, or whether the report was really published at all. The study also showed that people believe that any three random capital letters together stand for an important trustworthy organization.

Another interesting result of the study is that even when there has been a real study conducted about something, it’s usually a reporter who publishes the results, selecting those details that prove his views or those of the media he works for, and ignoring those that he doesn’t consider relevant or pertinent.

Here are a few results of the study, handpicked for you:

99% of the time, the words “analysts, scientists, scholars, researchers or leaders” will have the same effect as “experts.” Similarly, the words “analysis, report, review, research or inquiry” will have the same effect as “study.”

78% of people can’t understand percentages, much less statistics. The other 23% don’t even bother checking that the numbers are correct.

95% of the people can’t remember the name of the person or institute that conducted the study after reading an article about it. The other 5% remember it as being conducted by Harvard, MIT, or some government agency.

37% of the people who read the article will repeat the information as a fact. The rest will mention it as true because “I read it somewhere.”

100% of the publishers don’t really care about informing, and will only publish studies with extravagant or scandalous reports that will sell.

Advertisements

About Flippyman

When not working, eating, or sleeping, I like to spend time playing video games, watching videos on Youtube, studying, writing, or reading cool and funny stuff online.
This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s